Welcome to The Hotel Ithaca, a beautifully renovated hotel in the heart of downtown Ithaca, New York. It is the area’s only independently owned hotel.
From beautiful waterfalls to lovely wine trails, you can access a wealth of captivating activities from this charming hotel.
Upon arriving, I instantly felt a sense of warmth and genuine hospitality wrapped around me, making me feel right at home. The hotel’s modern amenities, exceptional service, and a prime location near the heart of downtown Ithaca created a perfect blend for a memorable stay.
The hotel’s proximity to Cornell University and Ithaca College, just a mile away, meant convenience without sacrificing charm. But what truly delighted me was the short walk to the Ithaca Commons, a vibrant pedestrian mall alive with eclectic boutiques, upscale restaurants, nightlife, entertainment, and more.
The Hotel Ithaca offers a selection of deluxe rooms and suites that will cater to every taste. During my stay, I had the honor of enjoying one of their Double Queen Executive rooms. This room was a marvel, generously spacious, adorned with a spa-inspired granite and glass-enclosed shower. Adding to the charm, the room had a refrigerator, spa-like robes, a Keurig coffee maker, and more.
Although the indoor heated pool was undergoing routine maintenance during my visit, the promise of relaxation and rejuvenation was clear. The state-of-the-art fitness center was a testament to their dedication to providing guests with every amenity they desire. The hotel has complimentary WI-FI, including over 6,000 square feet of functional meeting space. Perfect for any wedding, conference, or social gathering.
In addition, guests enjoy complimentary parking at the hotel and shuttle service to Cornell University, Ithaca College, and the regional airport. Enjoy a meal at their in-house restaurant, Ithaca Social Pub & Grille. Breakfast is served daily from 6:30 am to 11:00 am, and dinner is available Thursday through Saturday from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Whether you’re here for a weekend getaway, a family vacation, or a business trip, the hotel’s cozy rooms and attentive staff ensured that my stay was nothing short of delightful. The combination of comfort, convenience, and genuine care made this experience one for the books.
Discovering Stunning Waterfalls
Ithaca is located in the picturesque Finger Lakes and is home to many award-winning wineries, the Cayuga Wine Trail, rushing gorges, hiking trails, and pristine waterfalls, which include the well-known Taughannock Falls.
- Taughannock Falls State Park: Home to the awe-inspiring Taughannock Falls, this state park offers well-maintained hiking trails that lead to stunning viewpoints. The sheer magnitude of the 215-foot waterfall left me in pure awe.
- Buttermilk Falls State Park – With a series of cascades and swimming holes, the park provides a perfect setting for a refreshing day outdoors. The Gorge Trail offers a moderate hike that rewards you with breathtaking views of the falls.
- Watkins Glen State Park – A photographer’s paradise, features 19 waterfalls along its picturesque gorge trail. The park’s unique geological formations and lush greenery make it a must-visit destination.
Wine Trails of the Finger Lakes
If you are a wine enthusiast, the Finger Lakes region is a treasure trove. The area is famous for its vineyards and wineries, producing some of the finest wines in the country. Several wine trails wind through the beautiful countryside, allowing one to savor a wide range of wines.
- Cayuga Lake Wine Trail – Just a short drive from The Hotel Ithaca, this wine trail boasts 16 member wineries, each offering a unique tasting experience. From award-winning Rieslings to robust reds, you’ll find something to please every palate.
- Seneca Lake Wine Trail – This is the region’s largest and most diverse wine trail. The trail offers breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding vineyards. Enjoy world-class wines and discover the passion of local winemakers.
- Keuka Lake Wine Trail – Known as the “Crooked Lake, “Keuka Lake is home to some of the oldest wineries in the Finger Lakes.
The Hotel Ithaca and its surrounding areas perfectly blend natural beauty, outdoor adventure, and cultural delights. I highly recommend putting Ithaca in your future as a must-see, and you won’t regret your stay at The Hotel Ithaca.
Share your thoughts: If you have visited Ithaca, NY, let us know your favorite spot in the comments and discover mine.