The 2nd Annual Canton Ride-In Tailgate event brings bikers, tailgaters, and service members together to bring awareness to Veteran Suicide.
According to the American Psychological Association, veterans are at a higher risk for suicide. They are 1.5 times more likely to die by suicide than nonveteran adults. Reasons include high exposure to trauma, isolation, loneliness, stress, burnout, easy access to and familiarity with guns, and difficulties reentering civilian life.
The Ride-In Tailgate takes place June 24th from 2 pm to 10 pm at the Centennial Plaza, Canton, Ohio. All proceeds will go to Save22.vet.
Save22.vet is a 501(C)(3) organization with a volunteer workforce funded by donations, grants, and merchandise sales. All the proceeds go directly to the programs which are aimed at supporting Veterans.
They stand shoulder to shoulder with the men and women who have served our country and communities within. They listen to stories and remind soldiers they are never alone or forgotten. When Veterans are struggling with demons of their past, they support and guide them to healing. Not all wounds are physical. And when the pain of those wounds becomes overwhelming, they step in to help in any way. IGY6 (I got your six) is not just a phrase, but a phrase to live by.
- $25/ticket – Includes meal, event T–shirt and ride-in fee.
- Registration is 11am to 12:30 pm at Southeast Harley Davidson, 23105 Aurora Rd, Bedford Heights
- Tickets available at Southeast Harley Davidson, 23105 Aurora Rd, Bedford Heights, and the American Legion, 1633 Cleveland Ave NW, Canton. Or Call Fred at 330-323-8722 or Mike at 330-309-6406
- Kickstands UP at 1pm.
- Kickstands DOWN at Centennial Plaza 2pm-10pm.
- 2 wheels, 3 wheels and 4 wheels are all welcome.
Spectators and attendees are welcome at no charge and can purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets on site. Raffle tickets are $5 for a chance to win a side of beef, a freezer to store it in and a grill.
Centennial Plaza Stage Entertainment Lineup:
- 3 pm – 4:30 pm SMP – Susan Marie Project
- 3:30 pm – Corn hole Tournament starts ($10 entry fee)
- 4 pm – Bar Crawl starts ($10 entry fee and winner splits pot with Save22.vet)
- 5 pm – 6:30 pm Redhouse Band
- 7 pm – Award and raffle winners announced.
- 7:30 pm – 9 pm On Fire – Van Halen Tribute
If you or someone you know is struggling help is available 24/7 through a confidential crisis support line, Veterans Crisis Line. Dial 988 and Press 1. This line is for Veterans, service members, National Guard and Reserve, and those who support them. You don’t need to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to connect.