After the Thanksgiving feast, our fridges are often filled with leftovers, waiting for us to savor anew. Although reheating and enjoying the same meal can be comforting. Why not elevate the remainder of your holiday feast with a side dish that perfectly complements them? That’s where Cast Iron Pumpkin Cornbread comes in—a delightful addition to your Thanksgiving leftovers, adding a touch of autumn warmth to every bite.
To get started, let’s gather the ingredients for our Cast Iron Pumpkin Cornbread:
- Preheat and Prepare: Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is preheating, seize the opportunity to gather your Thanksgiving leftovers. This Pumpkin Cornbread will be the perfect accompaniment to your post-Thanksgiving spread.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: cornmeal, whole wheat flour, salt, and nutmeg. Set this mixture aside.
- Blend the Wet Ingredients. Beat the eggs, then whisk in the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, and molasses. This blend of ingredients will infuse your cornbread with that wonderful fall flavor.
- Create the Batter: Now, make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Gently blend them together with a few quick strokes. Don’t overmix; a slightly lumpy batter is just fine.
- Add Nutty Crunch: For an extra layer of flavor and texture, fold in the chopped pecans. They will provide a delightful crunch to every slice of Pumpkin Cornbread.
- Transfer to the Pan: Grease your 10″ cast iron chicken fryer pan generously, just as you would for a regular Pumpkin Cornbread. Pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake to Perfection: Place your cast iron pan with the Pumpkin Cornbread into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Or until it turns a beautiful golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with Thanksgiving Leftovers: As your Pumpkin Cornbread bakes to perfection, reheat your leftovers. Serve them side by side, creating a perfect balance of flavors. The savory turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce will find a delightful partner in the warm and subtly spiced Pumpkin Cornbread.
This Thanksgiving, don’t just reheat your leftovers; elevate them with a side dish that adds an extra layer of warmth and flavor. Cast Iron Pumpkin Cornbread is the perfect companion to your post-Thanksgiving spread. Offering a comforting taste of autumn that complements the savory dishes from your feast. Serve them together, and let the combination of flavors create a Thanksgiving encore that you’ll savor long after the main event is over.
Enjoy the season’s bounty with Thanksgiving Leftovers and Pumpkin Cornbread!
Thank you to Lehmans for this scrumptious twist on a classic.
Have you heard about all the amazing giveaways Compass Ohio likes to award? Sign up for our newsletter and discover all the happenings around while staying up to date on the latests contests.